Esh in Israel

I'd like to tell you this blog makes you the Robin to my Batman, along, in spirit, on a great quest against a furious, unnameable evil, but really, you're more the Larry Appleton to my Balki Bartokamous, there to laugh when I make idiotic cultural mistake after idiotic cultural mistake.

Monday, September 04, 2006

First day impressions, potential schedule

I won't have internet until the 10th, so here's a very quick update.

First day of Pardes was great. In the Haifa program, I felt like we got patronized left and right; from two-three day orientations, to pushing announcements regarding the program's plans to useless meetings, I never really felt like we were treated with the expectation that we could figure things out on our own. Pardes' orientation didn't even last half a day; I've never seen 150 people introduce themselves with such efficiency.

After a great but quick lunch, we had our first class. I'm taking "Introduction to Midrash and Aggada," which was really great. I pretty much signed up for any class with "Introduction" in the title, since I figure that's essentially what I need. To get into the Beit Midrash and break down text was so exciting... I'm so pumped to be here.

Anyway, here is my proposed schedule, for those interested:

Sun/Tue:

8:30-12 Chumash Bet, Michael
12 -1 Parshat Hashavua, David Levin-Kruss (DLK)

2:30-5 Introduction to Halacha, Zvi Wolff

Sun night - Creative Writing Workshop
Tues night - Torah Trop and Megillah Esther

Mon/Weds:

8:30 - 12 Mishna/Talmud Bet, Yaffa Epstein
12 -1 Biblical Hebrew Grammar, David R. (not me)

2:30 - 5 Introduction to Midrash and Aggada, Baruch

Monday night
5:15-7 Hasidut, Levi
7:30-9:30 Seder Erev

Weds. night
6 - 8 Seder Erev

Anyway, I need to grab some dinner before a basketball session. Email or call!

PS RIP Steve "Croc Hunter" Irwin.

1 Comments:

At 2:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drenched in jealousy! Please pass love to DLK and Yaffa? Is Jeremy still there?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home