Esh in Israel

I'd like to tell you this blog makes you the Robin to my Batman, along, in spirit, on a great quest against a furious, unnameable evil, but really, you're more the Larry Appleton to my Balki Bartokamous, there to laugh when I make idiotic cultural mistake after idiotic cultural mistake.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A cheer-me-up look at how much I love to take close-up portraits

So, I'm at the cafe at the gym at school, and I finally have a decent upload stream, so I uploaded some pictures from the first session of ulpan. Hooray, to only be a month behind!

Anyway, here's a selection of my love for taking portraits.

(All are clickable for bigger)



Ben, 17, from Washington. Loves MMA fighting. Great kid.



Steve, recently engaged (Mazel tov!) and all-around one of the greatest guys I've ever met.



Geoff, a paramedic who's making aliyah and spent 3 years in the Caymans.



Elissa, who'll be spending a year in Haifa.



Carl (with future roommate Josh, in the background), sporting the chops we all miss.



Twice-roommate Andrew, who's made the trek to and from and back to Haifa with me.

And perhaps the greatest picture ever taken of me (with a blurry Josh hanging around):





1 Comments:

At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hunter S. Thompson lives.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home