Esh in Israel

I'd like to tell you this blog makes you the Robin to my Batman, along, in spirit, on a great quest against a furious, unnameable evil, but really, you're more the Larry Appleton to my Balki Bartokamous, there to laugh when I make idiotic cultural mistake after idiotic cultural mistake.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

snippets.

  • I restarted class today. I got put into Kitah (class) Bet (2nd level), but at the end of last month, hadn't even made it through the first half of our Kitah Aleph book. It was a challenging day. I may move down a level (into Aleph Plus) and do additional work on the side.
  • I checked out a 2BR apartment today with Chaim (potential roommate) in the Talpiot/Arnona neighborhood. We both loved it. Unforunately, there are a couple other people checking the place out, and it sounds like the owner is leaning towards giving the lease to a married couple. Hoping for the best, though.
  • On the way back to campus, on the 4-Aleph bus, I saw a duffel bag that didn't belong to anyone. I thought that a Haredi family might have left it behind (as they were sitting there previous), but regardless of who, I told the bus driver, and he stopped and cleared the bus. My dad asked if there was anything in it. I told him that I didn't stay to find out.
Oh, Jerusalem life.

1 Comments:

At 3:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David !

Just a quick word to let you know that I'm following along to the rhythms of your story. I'm terribly impressed with your dedication to your faith and your studies, with the challenges internal and external. Thanks for sharing this and please continue. I wish you well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home