Esh in Israel

I'd like to tell you this blog makes you the Robin to my Batman, along, in spirit, on a great quest against a furious, unnameable evil, but really, you're more the Larry Appleton to my Balki Bartokamous, there to laugh when I make idiotic cultural mistake after idiotic cultural mistake.

Friday, September 01, 2006

Done with Ulpan, or, How I Learned to Pack Everything and Move to Jerusalem

I'm hopping on my ride to Jerusalem in about 20 minutes, so this will be a brief update.

I finished up ulpan yesterday, sped through the test, as I'm wont to do. I figure, if I don't know Hebrew well enough to get things right the first time through, especially since I don't need the grade, then I probably don't know them well enough yet any way. I think the testing system here is fair, but I don't feel I need the test to accurately assess my skills with Hebrew. That said, Tanya, one of the greatest teachers I've ever had, called me last night to tell me I scored a 99. Well, there you go.

So, heading down to my place in J'town, after a fiasco getting the key to my place. That said, I'm looking forward to getting moved in and building some community. I already have Shabbat dinner plans, and I'm probably going to head to Shira Hadasha for davening tonight. I'm ready to settle in and make a home.

I won't have internet until Sept. 10 in my apartment, so I'll be pretty hit-or-miss for awhile.

Much love in the heezie for sheezie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home