Esh in Israel

I'd like to tell you this blog makes you the Robin to my Batman, along, in spirit, on a great quest against a furious, unnameable evil, but really, you're more the Larry Appleton to my Balki Bartokamous, there to laugh when I make idiotic cultural mistake after idiotic cultural mistake.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Evacuation.

Quick update...

In about an hour, we're loading buses bound for Jerusalem, as the Haifa U. campus has been closed for three days. We have lodging set up at Hebrew U's campus in J'town, and we'll be getting in there tonight.

If you haven't paid attention, Haifa was hit with about 25 rockets this morning, and 8 people were killed at a train depot. Hizbollah is threatening more attacks, with missiles possibly going as far as Tel Aviv. Hopefully Jerusalem will be a safe place, and hopefully Haifa will be returned to a safe city as well in the near future.

The ulpan program is on hold for the next three days, and then we will see what happens - we may continue the program in Jerusalem, or we might come back to Haifa, if the situation improves. Everything is day-to-day now, and unfortunately, it's hard to predict what a terrorist organization is going to do.

I'll try to post tonight that I've arrived safely, but please, feel free to call.

David

2 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David, my thoughts are with you. Please keep updating your blog whenever possible so that we can all keep track of your safety. It is helpful to hear information coming out of Israel because I am really sick of cnn.com and nytimes.com, as all of their headlines begin with 'Israel ATTACKS...' and then add later '...in response to an attack on Israel.' It's really pissing me off.

 
At 2:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home